Terms and Conditions
These terms of service regulate the business relationship between you and us. When you buy from us or sign up to any of our courses, you agree to be bound by them.
In this agreement:
“Student” means any person who, in connection with this agreement, pays for any of our courses or training programmes
“Our Website” means the entire computing hardware and software installation that is or supports Our training and programmes.
“Services” means any of the services we offer for sale on our Website and include generally available updates and support services so far as specified for each service.
“Content” means any material in any form published on Our Website by us or any third party with our consent.
“Material” means Content of any sort posted by you on Our Website
The student hereby accepts responsibility for the replacement or repair of any damage or loss caused to the property of the Public Relations Skills Academy, Professional Exams Tutors, and its subordinating companies.
Public Relations Skills Academy
We shall not be held liable for injury or other damage sustained by the student in the course of his/her attendance at the Institute. The student hereby indemnifies Public Relations Skills Academy against any claims in this regard.
Payment of Tuition Fees:
The student accepts full responsibility for payment of tuition fees and understands that the failure to complete payment before the third week of class of the course will result in deregistration and the student will be stopped from continuing the class while forfeiting the right to complete the course unless he pays the balance with a 15% interest on the outstanding balance + taxes along with the differential course fees if any.
- 1You will get a refund given you've not watched over 10% of the course (If you open a lecture it counts as being watched in full). No exception.
- 2A student is not entitled to a refund if the student completes the course
- 3A student forfeits the right to a refund if the student does not start the course and did not activate enrollment deferment.
- 4A student that joins the course on flexible payment terms forfeits the right to a refund.
- 5A student that has an outstanding payment is not qualified for a refund.
- 6A student forfeits the right for a refund once the student downloads any of our course materials.
- 7Any refund will attract 20% of the money paid for the administrative charge
To activate the refund policy, send an email with proof of payment to [email protected] We will respond to refund requests within 3-5 working days.
If you meet these requirements, then all you need to do is email us ([email protected]) asking for a refund with your bank details. We will review your refund request and if you meet the training terms and conditions requirement then a refund will be granted. We would respond to refund request within 3-5 working days.
Deferral Policy: After the start of course
- 1If a student is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the course, we provide the opportunity for the student to defer to the next subsequent batch.
- 2A student can defer only within the first week of the training and to the next subsequent batch.
- 3The student will be required to pay a deferral fee of 25% of the total course amount fee + Taxes if any along with the differential course fees between the two classes.
- 4The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fee is paid.
- 5Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same class.
- 6The student has 7 days (including holidays and weekends) from the date of deferral request to make the payment of the deferral fee post which the deferral request will expire, and the student will continue as part of the current class.
- 7If the student completes the deferral payment, the student will leave the deferred class and the students will start learning in the new class from the point of the last assignment that was graded in the deferred class. All grades and progress until that point will be carried forward as it is to the new class. For clarification, the grades of the graded assignments will be carried forward, whether or not the student had submitted these grading during the initial stage.
- 8Deferral can only be requested during the first week of the batch for which the student has enrolled. Once the first week of training is completed, deferral requests shall not be entertained. For clarification, the batch completion here shall mean the “last grace deadline” as communicated by Public Relations Skills Academy
Deferral Policy: Before the start of course
- 1If a student, due to unavoidable circumstances is unable to commence with the class and requests for a deferral of 1 week before the class starts, we will provide the opportunity for the student to defer to another batch.
- 2However, the student will be required to pay 100% of the total course fee amount (inclusive of taxes) before the deferral can be approved. Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same class.
- 3A student has 2 weeks before the commencement of a new session to defer his/her paid course.
- 4If the deferral window expires, the student will be required to pay a deferral fee of 25% of the total course amount fee + Taxes. The student shall be liable to pay the differential course fees between the two sessions if any.
Student Participation Policy
All instructions given by coaches (to purchase and install various software; install add-ons, apps or build websites, etc) must be done prior to the next training day; the coach is not under any obligation to halt the class or wait for anyone who did not install the necessary software or applications as instructed. Neither will the coach go back to revisit that particular module.
- 1A 90% attendance record is required to be allowed to qualify for a certificate unless medical certificates were submitted for classes missed.
- 2A student forfeits the right to receive a certificate if 90% of the assignments are not submitted within 2 weeks after the course completion.
- 3A student taking our online course must complete the course and assignments with 2 months of the first login to qualify for a certificate.
- 4If a student plagiarises on any of the assignments, the student will forfeit the right to a certificate.
- 5If a student misses a project assignment deadline, then the student will lose 5% off the project assignment grade.
- 6If a student scores below 60% in any of the assignments, the student is required to take the assignment again.
- 7If a student is late to class(In the case of a physical class) without cogent reason, the student will lose 5% off the project grade of that class (plus the student will miss the important part always covered at the beginning of the class).
- 8If a student misses a class, then the student will lose 5% off the project grade of that class (plus the student won’t be able to retake the class unless proof of justifiable reason is provided).
If a student misses class, the students understand that no make-up class will be scheduled unless on medical grounds with verifiable proof.
Completion of Course and Issuance of Certificate
The Academy reserves the right to determine students who have duly completed the course through assessments and attendance.
A certificate will be issued to a student after successful completion of any module or course by the learner who has met the required academic portfolio standard and evaluation criteria of the institute and has also fulfilled all his/her financial obligations in terms of this training agreement.
In accordance with the above, the Academy expressly reserves its rights to withhold any such certificate until all the financial obligations referred to have been properly fulfilled.
Intellectual Rights Property
The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, digital content and other materials used in the course of the training are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, and another proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights.
Public Relations Skills Academy does not grant any form of copyright to its materials (both hard and soft copies). Students do not have the right to incorporate materials into their presentations, sell, use, reproduce, modify, adapt, display, distribute, make other versions of, disclose and sublicense materials to third parties or members of the public Students shall not use, commercialize our materials to any person or entity.
Conflict of Interest
Students are not allowed to introduce/offer side businesses or jobs to coaches and all other employees of Public Relations Skills Academy unless granted permission.
Dissatisfaction with the Services
If for any reason you are not completely happy with the training, contact us immediately by sending a mail to [email protected] and tell us:
- 1Why you think we have failed
- 2The date, if relevant, of the failure
- 3When and how you discovered the failure
- 4The result of the failure;
- 5Your suggestion as to action we should take to resolve the situation and restore your faith in us.
- 1We or our content suppliers may make improvements or changes to Our Website, the Content, or to any of the Services, at any time and without advance notice.
- 2You are advised that Content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. This is inevitable in any large web-based business. We would be grateful if you bring to our immediate attention, any that you find.
- 3We give no warranty and make no representation, express or implied, as to:
- the adequacy or appropriateness of the Services for your purpose;
- the truth of any Content on Our Website published by someone other than us;
- compatibility of Our Website with your equipment, software, or telecommunications connection.
- We are not liable in any circumstances for special, indirect or consequential loss or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, loss of data or loss of revenues or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with your use of Our Website or the purchase of Services.
- In any event, including the event that any term or condition or obligation on our part (“Implied Term”) is implied into these conditions by law, then our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law, to the value of the goods or services you have purchased.
- The above two sub paragraphs do not apply to a claim for personal injury.
Threats and Harassment
Use of violence, verbal threat, or physical harassment on fellow students and all employees of Public Relations Skills Academy is strictly prohibited.
- 1Your right to use our internet facilities is not transferable or assignable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents or to practice what you are being taught is not transferable or assignable. You are not allowed to share the institute's internet password with anyone.
- 2You are not allowed to use the institute’s internet to download or stream movies, songs, and anything other than for the purpose of the course.
- 3Access to the internet is provided by the organization to students for practical implementation purposes and not for personal use. There shall be no viewing of any kind of social media page for personal entertainment. (Netflix etc).
- 4Students must not gain access to websites or for which they do not have an authorization, either within the business or outside it. Students must not view, download, create or distribute any inappropriate content or material. Inappropriate content includes pornography, racial or religious slurs, gender-specific comments, information encouraging criminal skills or terrorism, or materials relating to cults, gambling and illegal drugs.
- 5Students must not create or transmit materials that might incur liability for the Academy nor take part in any activities on the internet that could bring the company into disrepute.
Updates and Effective Date
Public Relations Skills Academy reserves the right to make changes to these Training Terms and Conditions at any time.
You are responsible for periodically reviewing our Sites and these Training Terms and Conditions to check for any updates or changes.
If you have any questions concerning these Training Terms and Conditions, kindly email: [email protected] with your questions and expect a response within 1-5 working days.
Use of photo, video or written contents
In the cause of engagement with PR Skills Academy, the academy retains the right to use student’s photo, videos or written extractions and voice recordings in whole or in part, the purpose of marketing.
- 1When we communicate with you we do so by email. You agree that email communications are contractually binding in the same way as properly signed and dated paper sent by post.
- 2If any of these terms is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- 3In the event of a dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms or any contract between you and us, then you agree to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- 4are not liable for any breach of our obligations resulting from causes beyond our reasonable control including strikes of our own employees.
BY MAKING PAYMENT FOR ANY OF OUR TRAINING PROGRAMS OR PRODUCTS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS TRAINING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TRAINING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME. ANY BREACH OF ANY OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED WILL LEAD TO SANCTIONS AS DETERMINED BY PUBLIC RELATIONS SKILLS ACADEMY AND ITS SUBORDINATE COMPANIES.
We are a Public Relations and Communication training company that set the global standard in the digital marketing industry with offices in Canada, Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria .
Want to know more about how our digital marketing course and membership programs can help you? Call us to have a chat:
Lagos: 5C Aduke Close, Maryland Crescent